Friday, December 05, 2008

Venue Spotlight: Mediterra

A Place for a Grand Naples Wedding

"This is so beautiful", I think I said that about 43 times during our tour of this magnificent Naples property. Mediterra is a departure from our regular wedding venues because it's a country club; but this is not your run of the mill country club by any stretch of the imagination.
I had nothing but feelings of grand elegance from the moment I entered the gates to the Jasmine ivy growing throughout the porte cochere. Once inside we were greeted by Mary Ann Shea, the Events and Catering Manager who was gracious enough to give us the scoop on this beautiful venue.

I think the most jaw dropping spot was the ceremony location. Complete with a Romeo & Juliet balcony, long paved path, and fountain.
Unfortunately I was only able to get a couple of photos, but trust me- this is absolutely a place to put on your short list.

I'm really looking forward to planning a wedding out there. Here's a link to some video AMC took at a recent wedding they covered at Mediterra: Enjoy!

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons