Sunday, April 12, 2009

HD Wedding Video: the 5 requirements

I watched an HD wedding video the other day. "Hmmm, this doesn't look any different from the video I watched last week." So I called Rob at AMC video to get the scoop.
I was shocked (actually a little angry)to find out that not some, but most HD wedding videos aren't actually truly HD. This is a problem considering so many of my clients have been asking for HD for the last 2 years or so. Well, perhaps I should change that statement. Most of our grooms ask about it.
I think a short list works fine on this occasion because honestly, technical stuff is not my thing.
So- here's the list of requirements for a true HD video experience:
1. Your video must be shot with an HD camera
2. Footage must be edited in an HD format
3. The edited video has to be burned onto a Blu-Ray disc
4. The disc must be played by a Blu-Ray Player
5. The tv must also be HD

And there ya have it. Take one of these pieces out and you're aren't watching a truly HD wedding video. If you're making the investment for this higher quality video, make sure you have all the elements to actually experience it!
★COMMENT ALERT: Really great comments on this post, please read

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons