Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Book review: Weddings by Tara Guerard


I think what I love most about Tara Guerard's books is that she shows that its the small details, which aren't necessarily extravagant, that make a wedding personal and unique.  I've waited quite some time for this follow up to Southern Weddings and it was worth the wait.
Weddings
is a compilation of 16 stunning weddings, all with exquisite details that truly are fresh ideas.  For someone like me, who has read (and owns) just about every wedding book published, this a welcome addition to my library.  I read it twice through because it really is that good. I'm glad I did because I was even more inspired by the details I noticed the second time around.  And that is exactly why I am such a big fan of books and magazines- its not that you need to copy what is in there, but they should inspire you or get your creative mind started so that you can create something just as "fresh" as what you've just read.  Oh, and by create I don't necessarily mean DIY...it's plenty fine to take your creative idea and have someone else execute it (honestly, this is my preferred method).
I so wish that I could just so you a few of the gorgeous photographs inside, taken by Liz Banfield.  Who, by the way, is one of the most darling people.  I'm pretty sure that after you see her work you may just want to call her about documenting your wedding day as well.  This book is packed with beautiful pictures that will leave those of you currently immersed in the wedding world drooling.

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons