Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Boy, is it engagement season!

The second week of January is always my busiest week on the phone- but never anything like this. Why so busy? Well, turns out that fellas just love to propose during the holidays. And typically 2 to 3 weeks after the ring gets slipped on the finger, brides to be realize that planning a wedding is more of a job than expected. While it is so much fun to plan your wedding- the task list is daunting to say the least. And the questions you're thinking, "Where do I go? How much will this cost? When do I pay deposits? Is it SAFE to pay a deposit? How many people can we invite? What's the difference between a plated meal and a buffet, a buffet and action stations, family style vs. French service? Oh the questions you'll ponder.
Don't be nervous or overwhelmed, get professional help. That's right, go to a shrink. Kidding!!! Ha, gotcha! Whether you just need someone to get you in line and guide you, or you don't have the time and need full time help- that's why there are wedding planners. Don't be afraid to call and ask; what we do and what we cost, and how we can help. I can even refer you to a planner in your area if you aren't marrying here. I know some good ones.
So if you called or emailed me this week, I'm excited that you have! I have talked to some really awesome people all over the country. I can't plan all of your weddings, but I really love the thought of it. 2007 and 2008 are going to be full of wonderful weddings.
There was an error in this gadget

Sharing is encouraged.

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons