Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Boy, is it engagement season!

The second week of January is always my busiest week on the phone- but never anything like this. Why so busy? Well, turns out that fellas just love to propose during the holidays. And typically 2 to 3 weeks after the ring gets slipped on the finger, brides to be realize that planning a wedding is more of a job than expected. While it is so much fun to plan your wedding- the task list is daunting to say the least. And the questions you're thinking, "Where do I go? How much will this cost? When do I pay deposits? Is it SAFE to pay a deposit? How many people can we invite? What's the difference between a plated meal and a buffet, a buffet and action stations, family style vs. French service? Oh the questions you'll ponder.
Don't be nervous or overwhelmed, get professional help. That's right, go to a shrink. Kidding!!! Ha, gotcha! Whether you just need someone to get you in line and guide you, or you don't have the time and need full time help- that's why there are wedding planners. Don't be afraid to call and ask; what we do and what we cost, and how we can help. I can even refer you to a planner in your area if you aren't marrying here. I know some good ones.
So if you called or emailed me this week, I'm excited that you have! I have talked to some really awesome people all over the country. I can't plan all of your weddings, but I really love the thought of it. 2007 and 2008 are going to be full of wonderful weddings.

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons