Monday, June 07, 2010

A Christmas Wedding of Red & Green

It's so hot right now that as I went through all the photos I had a difficult time believing that it was in fact cold during this destination wedding!  This classic and very traditional wedding was traditional only by the fact that there was a ceremony and a reception. What?  Yes, I know, quite confusing.  The bride was from Switzerland, the groom from Ohio and their guests...name the country, we had someone from there.  So the traditions and etiquette we followed while planning were "tradition" as it was known in no less than 5 countries.  We dealt with hats, and high tea and imported cheeses I still can't pronounce, no borders on stationery, when to capitalize a "D" and when not to (depending on your royalty)...I never learned so much in all my years as I did with this one wedding!
Red Rose Rehearsal Dinner Centerpiece with Christmas greens, Hydrangea and  Hypericum berries

Bridesmaids bouquets of White Roses, Christmas Greens and Eucalyptus

Classic Ceremony Programs tied with champagne ribbon

The bride & Groom at Saint Isabels altar

Each lady of the bridal party chose her own dress, to match her hat.  The hats were the most important part of the attire as I now know.

I adore this image of Swiss bride & groom taking a moment to themselves between the ceremony & dinner reception. Sanibel is so incredibly beautiful.
All these photos were taken by Impressions Photography.  Krista and her team worked tirelessly for 4 days straight, and was wonderful enough to share these images with us. Flowers by the always exquisite Floral Artistry (go to their shop if you can- it is stunning!).  More images in tomorrows post!

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons