Ikea. I know, kind of odd (normal for me). But you never know where you'll find inspiration. So I found this set of wooden serving utensils at the "gotcha" bin; you know that bin that's impossible to pass up. How cute is this set I turned into an invitation to a seaside potluck picnic lunch? Perfect for a casual affair, perhaps a picnic or brunch. Or even a dinner party. All you need to do to make it a bit more formal is replace the packing tape with a beautiful silk ribbon and mail the set in a pretty box.
Super Simple DIY:
- Buy the utensil set
- Use some ultra fine point sharpies to decorate and write on all the info
- tape together with cute packing tape from Michaels
- Bring to post office to have weighed and pick up the stamps
- Mail just as is, no envelope or box required
- Get ecstatic phone calls when the invitees receive their ridiculously cute invitations