Saturday, June 11, 2011

How much does it cost to be a bridesmaid?

The average cost of being a bridesmaid is apparently about $1695. Something interesting I came across on twitter this morning. Its a bit scary, when you look at it this way. However, my thought is that your bridesmaids should be your absolute nearest and dearest to you. Would I be willing to write a check to one of my nearest and dearest for $1695? Yes I would. Its the most important day of her life (to date) and I know that being an honored part of it would mean a heck of alot more to both of us than $1695.
The reason I was inclined to write this post was because so many of our clients stressed how they were so concerned about how much they were asking of their maids. Put yourself in their shoes- wouldn't it be worth it to you?
Photo by Hilary Hopkins, and she is lovely if you didn't know. This image was our Scottish & British wedding from a few years back.  Want to see the kilts?

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons