Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A day in my life


Did you ever wonder what a wedding planner does all day? Probably not. Not all wedding planners work the same way, by my typical day is run by a to do list (photo above). I start with a list usually 10 items long and add on as things come to mind, calls come in, etc. Yesterday I started at 5am. I didn't intend to start that early, but I woke up with tasks weighing on my mind, so I decided to tackle them right away. It was an unbelievably busy day. Tropical Storm Ernesto was a big influence. I was trying to get a day ahead if possible...just in case. First thing you'll notice is that not everything was completed (and I worked until 7:30 last night). Somethings took much longer than expected. For instance, I called Julie to make sure she sent in her deposit for the church. It ended up being an hour long call and we completely re-worked her budget. I had to go to 3 stores to find the perfect paper that matched Karyns invitation (see yesterdays blog) for a map that we decided to add. And getting my linen samples for Kristas wedding ended up being a 10 minute phone call followed by 2 faxes. So I went back at my email sent file and I sent 23 emails yesterday. I checked my call log; I made 11 calls from my office and 12 from my cell phone- all work. I sent 4 faxes, but one was registration for a yoga class that I'm taking with my friend Becky. I am so excited for that to start. I've never taken Yoga and I am the least flexible person in the entire world. So we'll see how it goes. I did take an hour and a half to make dinner and spend some time with my crazy kids. They are just so funny sometimes.
Oh, and I did have 2 cups of coffee, a salad, some bbq ribs (leftovers), a Perrier, I listened to Breaking Laces, Michael Buble, and Black Eyed Peas. I also had the weather channel on in the background the entire day, except for an hour of the today show and Ellen.

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons