Friday, June 29, 2007

Oh la la I love the Pink Shell


There isn't anything French about it, but I just love the new space at Pink Shell on Ft. Myers Beach. Dony & Sarah were kind enough to invite me out for a tour of the new facilities at the resort. Let me just say this- somebody kicked it up a notch. It is so cool! Very contemporary, hip, and modern, but still a kick-back in Florida feel. The colors are obviously tied in with the amazing view of the Gulf from the room and of course there's a terrace right off the Captiva room to chill out on when you need to take a break from the dance floor. Anyway, since I was out last August they have added oodles. Besides this new non-ballroom ballroom, there is a marina with docks, and I think 45 new rooms. Okay, the rooms. WOW. Why wow? Well, each room faces the Gulf, has a screened in porch on the gulf, oh and did I mention that a bunch of the units have hot tubs on the 2nd porch that faces the bay? Hello! Sign me up! Oh, one thing I thought was particularly cool was that there are 7 rooms per floor. And if your wedding guests take over all 7 rooms, you can actually have a welcome reception right there on your floor. The neatest location ever if you ask me. Talk about not having to worry about getting back to your room, the party is right outside your door! Oh, and if you eat at Jo Jo's by the main pool (I think its one of 4 pools), try the mediterranean salad (Thanks for lunch girls!). It is so good. I had to get back to the office, so I didn't get to go back to the spa (gosh darnit!) to meet the new spa director before I left. They have the best spa there, Aquagene. I for sure need to find some time to get back in there!

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons