Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The sweetest & most beautiful wedding video: Groom sings to his bride

First let me say that this bride & groom have a huge place in my heart. Second let me say that this directors cut is hands down the best I have ever seen for a few reasons.  I'll let you watch and then read below for an explanation.
The groom is Clint Wiley of None Other.  The bride is Lauren Wiley, an amazing wedding vocalist.  The wedding took place in Savannah.  Besides the fact that two of my best friends are the bride and groom, this directors cut is anything but typical.  This video is what I would consider artwork in its truest sense.  Rob of AMC video, you have outdone yourself.  How you managed to intertwine Clints live serendade into these moments is just beyond me.

For best results, hit play and then pause immediately.  Let it buffer and then start when its all done.
So you know that I like to educate as much as possible.  Here is what I have to say about this video that everyone needs to know:
Giving your videographer time to capture moments is imperative.  This can be in the hours before the ceremony, the day before the ceremony, or perhaps best, the day after the wedding.
Pick the right song for your directors cut.  It has to have meaning, and be powerful enough to capture and highlight all the great moments of your wedding.
Be certain that your videographer and photographer have a working plan so that they don't interfere with each other.
When it comes to wedding video, you do have to ask questions if you're going to compare apples to apples.  Ask about HD, ask who does the editing, and ask how much input you get.  Ask how much live "real" wedding you get and how much audio is laid on top of live moments.

**Update: The song Clint is singing is Unintended by Muse

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons