Thursday, April 28, 2011

The 5 trends I expect after the Royal Wedding

As I mentioned previously, the wedding of Diana & Prince Charles was the 1st ever wedding I can recall.  So yes, it left quite the impression.  Tomorrows wedding of Kate & Prince William will without doubt have the same affect on the next 30 years of weddings; royal or not.
Here are 5 things that I think we may be see a trend for:
  • Shorter engagements.  6 to 9 months.  I am completely on board with this.  
  • Grand Weddings. Big formal weddings.  Even in destination weddings I think we'll see this.  Thankfully, there are so many ways we can make this happen...even on the beach or under a tent.
  • Trees. Trees are such a fabulous way to decorate a ceremony or reception site - inside or out. These days its so easy to have them brought in. 
  • Hair jewels for brides and hats for ladies.  To be honest, I think the trend has been growing over the last year; but I think that we're going to see a major surge on this front.  However, as far as the tiaras go, I think it might be closer to the heavy jeweled headbands and head wraps that we'll see. I love these by the way.
  • Back to etiquette.  Yep, I think we're going to see many more brides (and planners) pull out the Emily Post  books. Division of costs and duties, proper programs and nuptial services, and invitations. To get ready; read Emily Post's Wedding Etiquette

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons