Friday, April 22, 2011

"Royal" Blue Engagment Rings

When I say to you that I am bursting with excitement that the Royal Wedding is right around the corner, I truly mean it. I'm pretty sure this event calls for an all-nighter, considering I am notorious in the studio for my insomnia, this shouldn't be a problem.

Every time I see the ring Kate wears, I am giddy.  I had wanted a sapphire engagement ring since Lady Diana got married.  It was the very first wedding I ever saw and it is forever embedded in my mind as the most perfect. However my amazing husband surprised me with a diamond ring, and I could not have been any happier to receive such a gift.
As much as I am obsessed with the Prince William & Kate Middleton's Wedding I am equally obsessed with our client Martha's Wedding. Not only is planning her wedding fabulous but she also has a Sapphire Engagement Ring, sounds like royalty to me.
Since Matha's wedding is approaching so quickly we decided to interview her about her beloved Sapphire Ring. So here's the scoop:

Before Tom proposed to Martha they decided to make a custom design of her engagement ring, a friend of theirs who happens to be an architect made a 3-D model of the exact ring she wanted, how fancy is that! Martha loves the color blue and decided that diamonds were not her style, therefore Sapphire it was! Little did they know the the Royal Couple would follow suit shortly after.


Martha was laughing about this when we were chatting earlier saying that it so frustrating that everyone thinks she copied the royal couple. I asked her how often people relate her ring back to Kate's and she replied "ALL THE TIME." She likes to joke with her friends and family saying "I designed my ring first and at least it is all Sapphire, no Diamonds for me!" Even though she wishes her ring was completely unique she totally does not mind being compared to a princess. 

Needless to say I adore our bride Martha and am counting down the days for not only her wedding but also Prince William & Kate Middleton's.

We're covering more Royal Wedding starting tomorrow over at It's Pretty Splendid.  Pop on over when you have a few.

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons