Friday, April 22, 2011

I want Kate to wear this dress to the Royal Wedding. Bold, statement, I know.

I have an opinion.  So sue me.  But I am really excited for the royal wedding and so I am going to soak up every bit of it over the next week or 2 or FOREVER.
Okay, so here is the dress I have picked out for the ceremony:
This Ellie Saab gown (Nerta).  I have always loved lace and I feel like its been far to absent in royal wedding gowns.  Well, maybe not completely absent, but I would like to see more of it.  And yes, I did have to fight the urge to pick a ball gown.  Ball gowns are very "royal" when you think about it, but Kate, she's modern too.  She's not 19, and well- I really think this would be perfect.  Kate will no doubt smile more than this model.  I wish the models smiled more. Beside the point.
Next up- the reception dress.  Yes, I think the new princess deserves a new dress.
If you're looking for more information on next weeks Royal Wedding, here is the official link: http://www.officialroyalwedding2011.org/

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons