Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Thank you WE.

I was catching up on the wedding shows early this morning and I happened upon one of the neatest weddings ever, Amanda & Ray. The show was Platinum Weddings and the wedding took place in Nashville. What I found so cool in particular about this wedding was the Bridal tea that they had. Each guest received a custom made tea hat upon their arrival! I don't know how they did it, but they managed to have everyone's hat match their outfits. It was incredible. I wanted to be at this tea party. WE is really good about running repeats, so I'm sure you'll be able to catch the episode soon. When you do see it, you'll want to have a tea party too. I called the hat designer, but he only does hats for Derby (as in Kentucky Derby). Figures. But I'm sure there are many other hat designers out there who would be more than happy to design some hats for your bridal tea. Etsy might be a good start.

Oh, one other thing- no 2 things. I thought the billboard was so completely over the top and cool. What a neat thing for all your guests to see as they arrive into town. And the choir! Oh the choir! "Oh happy day! Oh happy day!" Love it, love it, love it.

By the way, I also love that the WE website now lists all the vendors used for each of the weddings featured on Platinum weddings. Its a great resource.Check it out! New episodes air Mondays at 10pm.

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons