Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Hair & Makeup

Who would have thought it would be so hard?


Problem: Did I ever tell you about my horrible wedding day makeup? No? First of all, let me say that I didn't have a wedding planner...I didn't know they existed. Had I- my wedding day would have been so great and not the chaotic disaster that it was. Anyway, the spa I went to with my bridal party didn't have the appropriate staffing and I had to get my makeup done at "a counter in the dept. store". I had 1/2 inch thick GRAY foundation on. It was HORRIBLE beyond horrible. The girl actually highlighted a very unfriendly blemish suddenly showed up after the downright mean hairstylist had to CUT MY VEIL to get it around the disaster he called an updo. Don't let this happen to you.

Solution: Book a professional- a trained wedding professional. It won't be cheap, but your veil will be in 1 piece and your face won't be gray either.
It's true. In this area there are just a few really good hair & makeup artists who are top notch talented and reliable who will travel to your getting ready location. And when it comes to weddings, talent and reliability are not flexible terms.
I have been so fortunate to book Nikol and her girls from Fresh Beauty Studio on a few upcoming weddings. They're pretty much booked solid on a regular basis, so yea, I feel lucky when we get them. Whats great about Fresh Beauty Studio is that this is their focus, its what they do, and they do it all the time. These aren't the girls from the kiosk in the food court. Your planner is always the best place to start for referrals, but your photographer may also have recently worked some weddings with an onsite style crew that showed up on time, finished on time, and made all the girls look wedding day gorgeous.

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons