Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My little list

Here's a list I compiled a few years ago (regrets and I told you so's) that made me laugh again tonight.  Boy I wish I could get everyone to agree with me.
  • Get video. Confirmed #1 regret. You cannot see yourself walk down the aisle and you can't hear your dad's toast ever again and you will never see the best man polka with your grandma and be loving it.
  • Do not include registry on invites. Bad etiquette, I don't care what anyone tells you.
  • Do a trial run with hair and makeup. It's worth your sanity.
  • Don't order bathroom flowers.  They're stupid.
  • Have pre wedding day time with your photographer. Your wedding day photography will will better for it. Make your photographer a friendly face and not a stranger.
  • It is not a media circus.  Your photographers and videographers are never in the same place at the same time.  Most clients ask me if the videographer ever came. No I am not joking.
  • Don't bring your dog.  They are cute but stress everyone out and add more work.
  • Eat your dinner.  You will be starving at the end of the night.
  • Don't make a minute by minute schedule.  Being early and bored is better than rushed and late. Pad your timeline.
  • Don't skip outdoor lighting. Events in the dark? Really?  No, a tiki torch will not light the place enough.
  • Don't give up fit for pretty. Under the dress- break out the Spanx leave Victoria in the hotel room for later.
  • Don't get drunk. A doorknob will find your eye somehow and you won't look as cute in your sparkler exit photo that you don't remember taking.  Even though you have the burns to prove it.

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons