Tuesday, October 25, 2011

THE PRO SERIES:Ashley Brockinton's Inside Secrets

 INSIDE SECRETS FROM
Ashley Brockinton Photography

When did you start working in the wedding industry?
 I started in the wedding industry in 2003.

When did you open your business/location?
I opened in 2003 in Naples.

What made you decide to go into the wedding/event industry?
I did a video project in college that told the love story of one of my friends that was getting married. I got a really good grade on the project and it was the rave of the wedding. I started getting asked to do similar videos for other peoples weddings. I then started shooting wedding videos for a few years and later switched over to photography. I couldnt shoot alone so I trained Sam as well as having him take a few classes.

What is your proudest achievement?
My three children are my proudest achievement; they are truly amazing. My living legacy and the true measure of me as a person. As far as business goes: shooting a big job for Proctor and Gamble is something I am very proud of.  I was able to work with a big budget and do all the casting, wardrobe, hiring, and shooting. It's very rare that I get total creative control given the nature of weddings; it was a dream to do. 


How many hours do you spend working with a client? 
A LOT of time is put in working with a client. We typically spend 7 months before the wedding with a client and about 4 months to a year after working on their album. There are five us in the studio and each of us works on the clients wedding but in different aspects. We like to specialize instead of generalize our talents.


How long is your average wedding day from start to finish? 
We spend about 15-20 hours on a wedding day if you include charging batteries, packing the car, cleaning equipment. 

If you are not in the profession that you are in now, what other job in the event/wedding industry would you like to try? Why?  
We are actually starting a photo booth company and are so excited about it!  It's called Bash Booths. We will own and manage it but it will not be directly associated with Ashley Brockinton Photography . The Bash Booth is available to any and all. I'm also obsessed with design and branding so I could see myself managing other people's brands down the road.
 
What can brides do to so that you can do a better job for them on their wedding day?
It would be great for brides to fill out our questionnaires and be upfront with needs and expectations.  Also, plan in enough time for the photos (we suggest certain time allotments) and hire a great hair and makeup team!

What is your favorite part of your job?
My favorite parts of my job are branding, doing creative shoots, and taking pictures of brides that have a great attitude and are up for anything.

What inspires you?
Fashion and design really inspires me.

What is your favorite part of a wedding?
My favorite part of a wedding is seeing the unique family interactions.  I love it when the families are close and warm. It inspires me to represent a deeper beauty in my work.

What is the most unique or extraordinary thing that you have seen at a wedding?
At one of the weddings we did a bride punched the groom during group pictures.

 What are you glad you did/had at your wedding? 
I am glad we had a good DJ, good food, and a good venue!

If you were to do a destination wedding anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Id like somewhere in a meadow or garden, you know "Ashley" means "Dweller of the beautiful meadow", I would also like France.
The Grand Wedding 2010

What is your favorite...
Color 
I like everything but Orange.  I'm digging grey right now but that's not really a color.
Song
Dream a Little Dream of Me. It was actually the song playing when my son was born.
Food 
I love Gluten free pizza, dark chocolate, and cheese! 
Flower
I love peonies and lavender!

Ashley Brockinton Photography Website 
Ashley Brockinton Photography Blog 

Pin It

Related Posts with Thumbnails

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons