Wednesday, October 26, 2011

White Pumpkin and Gray wedding {Hello Lovely} Vol. 1

Who doesn't love a white pumpkin?  They're a perfect foundation for a white design concept for a fall weather wedding.  Gray and pewter have without a doubt been the color of the year so I am excited to share with you this wedding that we were so happy to be a part of one year ago this week.  Paige & Corey got married at Sanibel Harbour Resort & Spa in Ft Myers, Florida last October.  Their wedding was one that I will never forget for a few reasons.  First of all Paige was just hands down one of the sweetest brides I have ever had the opportunity to know.  Secondly, her color palette stole my design heart.  I could not have been more in love with the gun metal gray bridesmaids dresses paired with the blush rose bouquets by Signature Florals.
Can I confess to one of my pet peeves?  I absolutely detest votive or tealight candles around a wedding cake.  Wedding cakes are so often a work of art, the candles just fuss up the table.  So, leave the cake table alone.  Until it is time to cut the cake, let it stand alone on the table in all its glory. This pretty cake was created by none other than Ella's Cakes of Naples.
For Paige and Cory's wedding we designed the floor plan with a Grand Table where all the wedding party & their guests sat with the bride & groom.  I also placed the cake right in front of the grand table so that it would be another focal point in the room {don't stick the cake in the corner if at all possible}.

Next up, the wedding ceremony. Just so pretty.  Bring on the pumpkins.
I love this shot by Ashley Brockinton.  Something very intriguing about it, don't you think?
  Pin It
Related Posts with Thumbnails

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons