Friday, May 04, 2012

But what about great dance songs from a wedding band?

What about when you have a band rather than a DJ?  Are the "fill the dance floor" songs different?  Apparently a little of both!  I asked Clint what the response is for his band, None Other and here is what he had to say:


Top live band songs that fill the dance floor are...
1. Journey - Don't Stop Believing
2. Gaga - Just Dance
3. LMFAO - Sexy and I Know It
4. Tina Turner - Proud Mary
5. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
Song requested by brides that (surprisingly) packed the dance floor a few times...
James - Laid
Song That Clears The Dance floor...
1. Madonna - Vogue

I will admit, I didn't even know what song or who James was, so Clint sent me this video.  I can see myself dancing to this one now:
And I 100% agree to the Vogue clearing the dance floor.  That one I have unfortunately seen a few times.  Some songs are great for a car ride (or watching on Glee), but aren't great for weddings.

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons