Saturday, June 09, 2012

engaged and inspired, vol 2

In my opening post for this series, I tried to explain what the experience of Engage!12 was, for the rest of the series, I'd like to let the pictures speak and a few thoughts on what I was inspired by.
All of the images below are from Elan Artists ReadyLuck and Scott Clark Photography.
Inspired by sparkly gold things.  Unfortunately this Kate Spade bag on the left wasn't one of the bags that was a part of our swag, and I am still drooling over it. What a tease.  However, this gold bag on the right - that was our swag bag and I absolutely adored it.  I say adored (past tense) because I overloaded it with ALL the swag we received and I broke the handle. Yeah, there was that much stuff.

Inspired by a bag that doubles as a bottle cooler.  After the opening night welcome party we received these totes with dream water (which does work) and a double walled cup.  Printed on the side of the bag there are fill lines for ice and water to keep your bottle cold as you carry it to the pool.  These would make great parting gifts for a welcome party at a destination wedding too.
Inspired by Hand-painted letterpress.  This was our itinerary for the summit.  Having a destination wedding with a few days of events?  Something like this would be great inside welcome bags for your out of town guests. Kristy Rice at Momental Designs can design something exquisite for your itinerary as well.

Inspired by someone who followed their gut to a success.  There's this little place online called The Knot.  Have you heard of it? Just kidding.  Many of us wouldn't be here if it wasn't for what The Knot has offered to weddings.  Above is Carley Roney and she is the founder and editor in chief. The Knot was born from a feeling in her gut - she followed it and look at what she created.
Inspired by this guy who loves being a photographer.  This is Joe Cogliandro. I met him at Engage for the first time.  You know when you meet someone and they're talking about what they do and there's that little sparkle in their eyes and excitement in their voice when you ask what they do? Joe has that.  Check out his website.
Inspired by a long standing relationships: This is Ben & Sylvia Weinstock. They've been married for decades.  I can not wait to be able to say that.  I get giddy just saying I've been married nearly 15 years.  Sylvia created some of the most amazing wedding cakes I've ever laid eyes on.  I love looking at her cakes, but I am most inspired by her genuine zeal for what she does, even after 30 years in the business.  And you know what else?  She's nice.  Nice, like you really want to have lunch with her nice.
Inspired by mini everything: Tiny little cinnamon rolls on a stick.  With a touch of gold of course.  Because a little gold goes a very long way. Confession: I ate more than my share.
Inspired by this sequined chevron linen. It's screaming at me for a certain cocktail reception this fall. Best part about it?  It works in daylight and evening.  Y'all know that is one of my design rules that I don't break.  It has to work no matter the light.
Inspired by a walking bar: This may have been the coolest thing I never expected in our swag bag.  Imagine handing one of these to each of your guests at your poolside cabana party? GLEE. 

Guess what?  There's more.  In case you haven't yet read vol 1...please do.  Vol 3 on the way.

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons