Sunday, March 04, 2007

Its the little things

It's just my opinion, but I think its the little things that really make a difference. For instance, last night we had a small dinner party. I put a small arrangement (6 blooms in a julep cup) of fresh flowers (from the grocery store) in the bathroom, right next to a little votive candle. Did I need to? Nope. It's just a bathroom, and most people spend less than 2 minutes in there. But you know what? At least 4 people told me how nice it was. I also decided to actually light some of the candles around the rest of the house and leave a few lights off. Voila! Somehow my house instantly changed into a very warm and inviting place to sit down, relax and enjoy some great food with people I love being with.
Oh, and at my dinner parties, we always have entertainment. Last night we did a little Karaoke. It was hilarious to say the least. I am beyond tone deaf. However, that does not stop me from taking the mic and belting out Love Shack and Hey Jude. If you want to have a karaoke night too, check out Lead Singer, its pretty cool.

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons