Sunday, March 04, 2007

Its the little things

It's just my opinion, but I think its the little things that really make a difference. For instance, last night we had a small dinner party. I put a small arrangement (6 blooms in a julep cup) of fresh flowers (from the grocery store) in the bathroom, right next to a little votive candle. Did I need to? Nope. It's just a bathroom, and most people spend less than 2 minutes in there. But you know what? At least 4 people told me how nice it was. I also decided to actually light some of the candles around the rest of the house and leave a few lights off. Voila! Somehow my house instantly changed into a very warm and inviting place to sit down, relax and enjoy some great food with people I love being with.
Oh, and at my dinner parties, we always have entertainment. Last night we did a little Karaoke. It was hilarious to say the least. I am beyond tone deaf. However, that does not stop me from taking the mic and belting out Love Shack and Hey Jude. If you want to have a karaoke night too, check out Lead Singer, its pretty cool.
There was an error in this gadget

Sharing is encouraged.

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons