Thursday, March 15, 2007

Today while in traffic, crossing the bridge to Sanibel Island

I read my Starbucks coffee cup:
The Way I See It #189

Leadership requires relentless preparation. You cannot predict every possible challenge. But if you prepare for those challenges you can predict, you will be better equipped to handle all problems, even the unexpected ones.


-- Rudolph W. Giuliani
Former mayor of New York City.

Wedding Planners should memorize this. And I'd also like to mention that I just love that they write my name on the cup. So personal. Thank you Starbucks people.
----------------------------------------
I read the latest issue of Modern Bride (April/may 2007). Two things I put post-it notes on:
1. Target will have their very own line of wedding dresses beginning in May. Courtesy of Isaac Mizrahi. How about that. Just something I noticed, none of the dresses fit in the picture. HA! It looks like all the models are too tall for the dresses! Hilarious. One of them is actually hunched over to make it look long enough.
2. Real Wedding, Fake Giraffe. Page 142, Flowery Fete. Fabulous wedding- but I kid you not there's a life sized plastic giraffe witnessing the wedding. Obviously the bride didn't read my blog because I know where to get a real giraffe for your wedding. I am so cracking up right now. I must say though- everything else about the wedding- I LOVE. Very chic.

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons