Thursday, October 02, 2008

Brides in the Limelight, South Beach

Brides Florida & Limelight Photography


Limelight Photography
A couple weeks ago I headed over to South Beach (Miami) to attend and speak at the Brides in the Limelight event for elite wedding professionals. The Catalina hotel provided an amazing venue for the event that was better than phenomenal! It's truly amazing to be in one location with so many of South Floridas elite wedding professionals. Very inspiring to say the least.
The evening was arranged by Stephanie Bosco-Luca of Brides Florida Magazine and Ela Raveling of Limelight Photography. Ela photographed all the photos above as well as the "singing" photos below. As you can see from the photos below, these ladies truly know their stuff. Over 200 wedding professionals were invited and attended the event. And I have to say, if brides could have the list of attendees they'd have to look no farther for the best recommended vendor list in the state.
I did have a little trouble writing my speech for that night. Actually, I had major trouble. Writers block as I have never experienced. Me? Writers block? And to think the topic of my speech was blogging of all things. Ugh. It came down to writing the speech at the rooftop pool of the Catalina just hours before!
These 2 pictures I had to put on here because they cracked me up. Doesn't it look like I'm singing?
This is Marina Mougios from Ambiance Studios. What a lovely girl! I checked out her blog and website after meeting her and boy am I glad that I did. She is very talented.
Here's some more photos from my iphone and Dara's camera. Ummm, yeah, Ela's are better. My newest interns, Dara & Andrea, came to the event as well. They learned about how important networking is and they introduced me to my new favorite snack, Edamame beans. After the event we had dinner at the Catalinas sushi restaurant, Kung Fu Sushi. Yum.
Here is Nikol from Fresh Beauty Studio. Love her, love her work! She just opened a new boutique- check it out when on the East coast.
This is Carlos Baez. Six degrees: I met Carlos at this event. Yesterday I was down in Naples and picked up the latest issue of Gulfshore Life at LaPlaya Beach Resort. Featured in the issue was a wedding that Carlos photographed. Also in this issue, the Hot 100 of the Gulf shore social scene, which included the Crowns. We planned their daughter Jenn's wedding just last year. Seeing his wedding photos reminded me that I still needed to post about this event. So thanks Carlos!
Donut Divas. Please oh please will one of my clients ask for this? I can not even begin to tell you how incredible these donuts were. They were the hit of the evening. Hot fresh donuts made right there before your eyes. So good.

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons