Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The Pro Series: Michael Schuhmann


What do you get when you mix photopgraphy and art? Micheal Schuhmann. After reading his interview, be sure to view some of the slideshows on his website!

What are your company and profession?
Photography by Michael
What’s your name and title?
Michael Schuhmann
Where do you do weddings?
Tampa, Boca Grande, Italy, Cabo, Charleston, Connecticut, New York, Miami, Florida Keys, Orlando, St. Augustine, Sarasota, Marco Island, Sanibel, Naples...
Website:
www.photographybymichael.com
How long have you been in business?
15 Years
Why weddings?
An endless opportunity to create art. The pleasure I get when I find someone who truly understands and appreciates what I do.
What your clients most often commend you on?
Breath taking images. Timely service. Personal attention to details.
Best piece of advice for brides & grooms?
Spend as much as you can on photography, you wont regret it.
What is one thing that makes working with new clients easier?
Doing an engagement session helps them become more comfortable with me and the camera.
Can I find you on Twitter?
No, but I'm on Facebook.
What is the oddest request you’ve ever received? Or
What is the craziest thing you saw happen at a wedding?

Well, I was shooting this very chic outdoor wedding one day and the ceremony was just about to start and a guest came up to me and said" I have to tell you something" I said what, she said "your pants are split". Well the bride was about to walk down the isle so I had to keep shooting, then after the ceremony I had to photograph all of the family groups as well...later during the reception I located some duct tape and repaired my pants. Ahhhh what fun....
What is something you hope to do in the near future?
I'm going to Burning Man this month, after that I'm not sure.

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons