Friday, July 10, 2009

Lemon Yellow & Caribbean Blue Wedding Tablescape


I admit being completely against yellow for I don't know how long. In fact, when I got the opportunity to design this concept for Bride & Bloom magazine, I was 100% disappointed to hear "Lemon is your design theme".
Um, I changed my mind. I now LOVE yellow. I can't get enough of it. It makes me happy. Weddings are happy. So that makes sense.

What I will say though is that I think yellow should always be paired with another color that translates into a dim light situation well. Which is why when I met with Floral Designer Beth Traucht at Floral Artistry we decided to use some white flowers like these Cattleya Orchids to "pop" in the evening along with some crystal pieces to reflect candlelight.

For the invitation I chose a simple panel invitation and then embellished it with ribbon and the yellow liner. I was floored when Karen showed up with the cake below and it matched almost exactly to the invitation!

This is hands down one of the most amazing cakes I have ever seen. Karen of Kakes by Karen has completely outdone herself this time. Each one of those tiles on the cake is individually hand painted. The 4 tier cake took 5 hours to design and cut the tile pattern and then 10 hours to just to paint!

I want to thank Krista from Impressions Photography for taking so many phenomenal pictures that day and braving the heat with me at on the beach at Sunset Cove.
Wondering where we found this amazing location? It's South Seas Island Resort on Captiva Island; one of my absolute favorite wedding locations.
You can see more images in the summer '09 issue of Bride & Bloom magazine, on newsstands now.

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons