Thursday, April 05, 2007

Uncle McPicky

Okay, so you all know I have the most hilarious clients on earth. Which is good, because I love to laugh. Here's todays winner:
------------------------------------------------------------------
"So, I got an RSVP back tonight from my Aunt (my Dad's high-maintenance sister) she's going to have the fish, but my Uncle McPicky...yes, that's right, "Picky" needs a special option and I quote:

""If possible, please provide a low-fat, no cheese vegetarian option for Uncle McPicky""

and at the very bottom it continued to say

"" *No Eggs - prefers egg beaters or egg whites for Uncle McPicky too.""

So apparently my reception is at Mel's Diner and everyone's meal is made to order"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, knowing that this client likes to crack a good joke as much as I do, I respond with,

"I'll ask the venue coordinator to send a request to the chef now to find out his suggestion for something yummy (well as yummy as something low fat, cheese less, eggless, and meatless can be)."

The comedian for a bride replies:
"HAHA yeah - what does that leave him? A chunk of tofu with tomato sauce spread over it?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Guess what? I learned my lesson. Chef came up with something I'm dying to taste:
Squash, mushrooms, onions, peppers, zuccini, eggplant grilled and layered with a balsamic marinade, topped with fresh herbs.

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons