Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Destination Deal of the Year. Literally.

South Seas Island Resort

Photo by Jason P Smith
You guys know I absolutely adore planning weddings at South Seas Island Resort right? Well it's for several reasons. Mostly, because its freaking gorgeous. It's hands down the closest you can get to a truly tropical location without a passport. Secondly, its one of the few places that you can have a truly private beach ceremony. Just you and your invited guests. Most beaches are public and so there could potentially be tourists watching your nuptials...from near or far. Not at South Seas- this place is exclusive. Oh, and have issues with sand under your toes? Not a problem. They have breathtaking green lawns overlooking the Gulf of Mexico too.
Photo by Lauren Pauline
Click the Real Weddings label to see a few of our recent weddings out there. Oh, and if you thought you couldn't have a formal wedding in a beach setting- think again. Super Sarah did it..click here to see her wedding trailer courtesy of Luxe Films.
Lastly, it is so inexpensive and easy to get here. Direct flights are available to Ft Myers from just about everywhere.Photo by Hilary Hopkins
So what is the deal of the year? Well, I got an email from the girls out at South Seas today. They are actually offering a 2008 wedding package that is 20% off their regular prices. Yeah- these kinds of deals are VERY rare. If you're even remotely thinking about having a beach wedding anywhere- call Julie at South Seas first. Her number is (239)472-7685. And yes, I realize there are only 16 weeks left this year. I've planned big gigantic weddings in 3 weeks flat, so no worries...it can be done!

Yeah, I know this sounds like a sales pitch, but the truth is that I really like South Seas, and I like to save my clients a dollar (or thousands in this case) when I can. So I'm passing along the info.

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons