Sunday, October 07, 2007

I love Greys Anatomy, but I love a wedding movie even more


Just this past Friday I was out on Captiva Island with my lovely April bride Melissa. We had a wowzer of a tasting feast thanks to the amazing chef at South Seas and lovely Amanda from catering. Anyhoo- during our feast, Melissa springs it on me that she has been a bridesmaid SEVEN times. I thought that only happened in the movies. One thing for sure about being a career bridesmaid- your friends truly love you. Being chosen as a bridesmaid is a big deal, it means "you've been an important part of my life, and now you'll be an important part of our lives" But now Melissa's the bride and is doing everything she can to completely enjoy every minute of planning the celebration of a lifetime. And really- I can't wait for this wedding. Kilts, bagpipers, and a dance I have to look up called the Gay Gordons. Although, Melissa's mom & dad gave us a preview and it looks like SO MUCH FUN!. Yep, it's going to be quite the party.
So what does any of this have to do with Greys Anatomy and wedding movies? Well, when Melissa mentioned her 2nd career as a bridesmaid, I was curious about how many times the average bride is a bridesmaid before they are a bride. I still don't know. But if anyone finds out- let me know. What I did find out during my search was that Katherine Heigl of Grey's Anatomy is starring in an upcoming movie (Due in theatres January 11th)called 27 Dresses. And even better, James Marsden is the leading man. In unison girls, "Ahhhh". To top it off, Modern Bride magazine is having a contest called "Always a Bridesmaid"!


A little info behind the contest: Modern Bride is looking for all current and former bridesmaids to submit in 100 words or less what’s great – or not – about being a ‘maid. Entrants must also submit a photo of themselves in a bridesmaid dress at a wedding and how many times they’ve been a ‘maid. The winner will have their entry published in a future issue of the magazine and will win a trip to the world premiere of 27 Dresses as the guest of Modern Bride’s Editor-in-Chief Antonia van der Meer. The winner will have their hair and makeup done, be outfitted in a gorgeous gown and will have their photo taken with Katherine Heigl.

Melissa- this has your name all over it. I wonder if you can enter 7 times. One for each photo. Ha! Ok, to enter the contest, just click here.

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons