Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Where's the oddest place you've been for a wedding?


Me, I attended a wedding at Michael Jacksons Neverland Ranch. My roomate at the time was going to sing during the wedding ceremony (I think she's a member of En Vogue now)and I came along for the weekend. We didn't know that the reception was at Michael Jacksons house, but when Boys to Men showed up as the groomsmen, and they passed out the confidentiality forms, we knew something was up. The cocktail hour was in the guest house which had been transformed into this huge arcade. After we spent an hour drinking champagne and playing in the photobooth and pinball, we took the train over to the "backyard". The backyard had a ferris wheel, the crazy spinning ride that I swear should be illegal, bumper cars, carousel, bumper boats, a movie theatre complete with a fully staffed candy & popcorn counter, a zoo, oh, and yeah, there was a tent in the middle of all of it for the reception. We never stepped foot into that tent- too busy screaming our lungs out on that crazy spinning ride. I think its called the Zipper? I think the movie we watched was a Keanu Reeves flick, but I can't remember for sure. I do however remember being embarrassed beyond all belief when I spilled my popcorn all over one of the guys from Boys to Men. Ugh.

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons