Tuesday, May 15, 2007

If I wasn't doing this, who would be?

So last night I worked until about 3am for the 4th or 5th night in a row (I lost track). April and May are the absolute busiest times of the year in weddings down here in Southwest Florida. There are so many weddings happening you can almost throw a stick and run into one.

Anyway, I was wondering, if I was a bride, and I was getting married next Saturday, how would I be up doing all this? Holy cow! I can't even imagine doing everything I am doing: putting together the timeline, calling to confirm times, deliveries, and payments, with all the vendors and site coordinators (13), printing the programs, itineraries, timelines, and menu cards, stuffing welcome bags,confirming the guest list/meal choices are correct, and getting all the "stuff" packed up (all 12 boxes that UPS and fedex have delivered over the last 2 months). This on top of getting myself packed, the fiance packed, my dress ready and transported to the right place, dealing with moms, sisters, and the endless phone calls, stressing that I forgot something, that my wedding planner forgot something (so I'm going to ask her, just to make sure),wrapping gifts, finishing up at work, taking care of the dog...and I KNOW that's not all of it. That's an insane thought.
I wonder this because when I got married, I didn't do half of it and boy did it show. It was a disaster. I'm going to tell you all about it, don't worry. But it's such a long story, its getting its own page. Stay Tuned.

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons