Sunday, September 30, 2007

I have the BEST clients.


Yes, I understand that there are many a wedding planners who will read this and swear that their clients are the best, but I have to argue- mine are just amazing. The absolute hardest part of wedding planning, besides keeping budgets under control and seating lists is menu planning. When you're planning an average of 4 eating opportunities for the same 50-75 people in one weekend, it is not a simple task. But today, I am in menu planning heaven. Last week we finished planning 3 wedding weekend menus, 2 of which aren't even until late next spring! This afternoon at the Ritz Carlton Naples we had a tasting that blew me and the bride & groom away. Then I get back here to my office and find a wedding menu in my inbox for J's wedding weekend next March. Considering I just asked them to start looking at the menus like 4 days ago, I was floored by this. So to my clients- really- you're all awesome! Now we can move on to the fun stuff, making the dinner look even better with the details; woohoo!

Wondering what's on that plate?
Grilled filet of beef with a Parsley & Horseradish crust
Maine Lobster "3 ways", Tempura Claw, Butter Poached Tail & Lobster Basil Mashed Potatoes
Grilled Asparagus
Roasted red tomato topped with frise


And this one is warm chocolate cake with a liquid Grand Marnier center and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. The photo isn't from the best angle, but that stick across the center is actaully a baked chocolate spoon!

101 Destination Wedding Planning Tips

From the editors of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons